Thursday, June 7, 2012

Home Tour: Living Room and Kitchen

Well, I finally got to take pictures of the house during our home inspection. ALL of the pictures taken, are before possession and all furniture and decor is that of the previous owners. I will start the tour with the Living Room/Kitchen area, as these are the first rooms that will be updated! 

The layout of the house is a typical traditional style two-story house. The living and kitchen are open to one another, so it will be my goal to focus of tying in the two rooms together!


This is the living room, while standing in the hallway. I will paint the entire downstairs, a neutral and simple grey. However, the fireplace wall I would like to do something different to, but I am not sure what yet! 


Standing in the opposite corner...I LOVE the french doors leading to the den area. We will make that a space for the kids, and I like that we will have doors, but still see what they are up too! There is also a door to the wrap around porch...


Standing in front of the fireplace looking into the kitchen, with the hallway on the far right...


Door to the covered deck area. I like the round table and will be looking for something similar in a wood finish! 


I hate desk areas in a kitchen. They collect junk and bills! My plans for this include tearing out the bottom base cabinets and desk to create a beverage station area. I am thinking about butcher block counters, with some storage and a space for the wine cooler. 


The kitchen will slowly get totally revamped. The cabinets are solid, but I hate the knobs. And the white floors, white cabinets and white counters are way to sterile and harsh. I am planning warm wood floors and a darker solid surface counter. We also have a reclaimed island that my parents are giving us. It has a butcher block surface so it will had some contrast as well. Eventually all of the appliances will be replaced with stainless steel. The doorway in the middle leads to the laundry room. SO excited to not have a basement laundry room. The doorway on the far right leads to the half bath and hallway. 


Standing in the laundry room doorway...


So that is the super exciting first house tour. The house is great, but needs some updated. We are ready to make it our home! 

Next tour will be the entryway, den and dining room!  

1 comment: