Thursday, June 28, 2012

DIY Outdoor Dining Table Inspiration

With the move only a month away my list of things I need/WANT is getting longer and longer. One of the major pluses of our new backyard is 1) its size..just under 1/2 an acre in a neighborhood 2) its second story deck creates a lot of shade of the patio and creates a waterproof "ceiling" for the patio. 

When we moved out-of-state we gifted our old patio set to some friends. We currently have 2 wicker/resin chairs and that's about it. We would like to create a lounge area and a dining area. 

My first concern is a dining table set. I don't feel comfortable building chairs, but a table should be fairly easy. Here are some of the idea I am liking and where to find them.


Ana White (simple outdoor table)


Embracing Change (old door table)




These are some of the most inspirational outdoor dining tables I have found. I am leaning towards natural wood because I find it to be a natural element outdoors. I also want something that will last a long time. Since our patio space is covered from rain and sun this will help with maintaining whatever we do! We currently have an old trestle table from Ethan Allen that I painted a while back. If I reuse that table I will have to sand it and paint it again. 

Either way, I will keep you posted. I am planning to start quite a few projects in the next 2 weeks as we get closer to move in day!
 

2 comments: