Friday, June 8, 2012

Home Tour: Entryway, Dining and Den

The last Home Tour was the back of the house. The open kitchen and living spaces. This tour I will focus on the front of the house, including the entryway, dining and den areas. 


This is the entryway. Simple, no frills. I like that is has tile down that hallway, but I don't love the basic builder grade beige carpet. 


This is the den, to the left of the stairs. The french doors open into the living room. This may be my favorite room in the house. I love the doors and built in bookshelves. In a dream world I would turn this into a library. But in reality, we need somewhere for the kids to call their space. The bedrooms are not huge, so this will double as a play area. They are 8 and 5, so the term playroom doesn't really apply. We will put their wii in here as well  as board games, legos, etc. However, since this is at the front door, storage will be a huge job to tackle. 


This image shows how open the room is to the entryway. It doesn't even have an actual doorway. So the two spaces flow right into one another. I am thinking a sofa, storage ottoman/coffee table. We have a tv cabinet with doors, and I will put that along this wall with the railing. All the open shelving with lots of baskets with lids will help contain toys! 


I want the boys will find this room comfortable and fun. I know I will need some type of a play surface, and maybe a desk for their computer.  The opening on the other side of the stairs is the dining room. 


From the hallway looking into the dinning room, with the entryway. Its a basic size, though there is nothing spectacular about the dining room.


The previous owners used the dining room as an office. We will use this room as a dining room, though I don't see us doing anything super special. In all honesty it will get used when family visits and holidays. 


So that is the front of the house. The den is currently my favorite room in the house. Though the yard and outdoor space is what sold us on the home. We have almost 1/2 an acre in a neighborhood. We are so excited. The next house tour will involve the master bedroom. It has an interesting, odd feature that I have an exciting idea about!

No comments:

Post a Comment