Monday, September 24, 2012

DIY: Grain Sack Camera Bag

So, while shopping at the Springfield Extravaganza a couple weekends ago, my mom picked up some awesome grain sacks from an old farm in Indiana. Before I left, she let me have one. I new what I wanted to do with it right away. 

I wanted an awesome handmade DSLR camera bag for my Olympus e-500! AND it turned out fantastic. 


It turned out wonderful! I love it. I was able to figure out how to sew the padding into the bag, so its nice a comfy fit for my camera. Below is a totally photo dump...

Front of the bag with the flap lifted up.


Looking into to the bag. The bottom and sides are padded with inch thick pieces of padding. I then covered them in a linen like material I got at JoAnn's for $2.99 a yard. Not sure what the name of the material is, but I use it for everything. I even made curtains once at our old house.

Anther shot of the inside of the bag. It fits my camera with lens attached and has room for an additional space for another lens or some cords and chargers. 

Side of the bag, shows how I attached the strap with a square and then corner to corner stitches. I felt like this secured the strap best. 
More than enough space, with room to spare.


Its the perfect size and is as lightweight as a camera bag with a huge camera in it. Its less cumbersome and bulky as some other bags I have seen, but offer plenty of safety and padding.


Linking up with the following:
Overflowing with Creativity 
Coastal Charm
BNONP Metamorphosis Monday
Primp: Primp Your Stuff
 

1 comment:

  1. This is sooooooo AWESOME!! This is the neatest camera bag I've ever seen! Such a good idea:)

    ReplyDelete