Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Outdoor Table: Refinishing an Old Kitchen Table

I have an old dining table that I have refinished once before, but the table just sat at the back of our rental house. Our yard isn't very usable in the back and the deck space was too small to really eat outside.

At the new house, we have a huge covered patio area off the kitchen/living room area. The table is an old Ethan Allen trestle table. The chairs fell apart and we got rid of them awhile back. I am thinking that for now I will create a bench and essentially create us a picnic table. 



I really like the Providence Bench (above) from Ana White and Brook at Being Brook. But I will probably stick with the the Simple Outdoor Bench (below) from Ana as well. The simple bench will look nice with the simple trestle table. 


Combining a simple bench with these Silver Tabouret Stacking Chairs from Overstock.com. They are stunning! The reviews are awesome and they add such an industrial feel. 

I will probably go with the silver finish! But there are also red, white and black. The red is very appealing too. They are a vibrant, shiny red. Jessie at Cape27 posted a great photo of their red chairs with their Ikea outdoor dining table.




But first things first, refinishing the table. I painted the table about 2 years ago. But I think I will leave the base/legs of the table a warm white and then sand, strip and re-stain the table top. I am loving Minwax Ebony color right now, and that will tie the dining in with my Outdoor Chaise Loungers

Slowly I am starting to see things coming together in my mind. With some previous purchases, and re-purposing some already owned things, I think I will have my patio space good to go soon after moving. I can't wait to have our first cookout! 
 



3 comments: